Sunday, January 09, 2011

You know you've been married for nearly twelve years when.....

It's cold and snowy here today, so I treated myself to a lazy afternoon nap. When I got up, it was cold in the house, so I bundled up in my favorite polka dotted bathrobe and nice warm slippers.

I shuffled down the hall and headed into the garage to get the chicken for dinner tonight out of the beer fridge.

My beloved, upon seeing that I was about to get a healthy dinner started for us, called out to me and said there was something else he wanted for dinner instead of the beer can chicken I had in mind.

I went to him in the den, and he took me in his arms, which I knew after 12 years of married bliss meant that he was about to ask for something I was likely to nix.

He looked at me in my icky fleece pants, big polka dot bathrobe, and nap head, and I could tell from the look on his face that I had looked a bit more put together than I did just in that moment.

Thinking I could diffuse the situation with a funny quip, I said to him, totally tongue-in-cheek, "you wanna hit this, don't you?"

To which my brilliantly funny husband replied, "with a hairbrush!"

1 comment:

djw said...

Love it! :D