Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween Candy Oddness

There's something a bit unholy about the Chocolate Mix Skittles. They come in a bag and are just like the fruit Skittles, but instead of being fruity, they have chocolate sort of flavors. Same shape, same texture, just chocolatey and not fruity. Very odd.

Something is strangely familiar about the Vanilla skittle. It seems odd to say that it tastes like something else smells, but it's true in this case. This silly thing tastes just like one of those scented car deodorizer thingies that you hang in your car smells. Ok, that was an awkward sentence, but I think you know what I mean.

The Brownie Batter skittle actually looks a little purple, like something that's grape. I have artificial grape flavored candy issues, so that probably deserves its own blog entry. Anyway, kind of sickly sweet, but really nothing like I think a brownie or its batter would taste. And it certainly doesn't taste like grape, thank heavens!

There are two candies that are lighter in color - Smores and Chocolate Caramel. My little dinky package had two lighter colored skittles in it, and I cannot for the life of me figure out which flavor this was. Certainly didn't seem like graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. And nothing about that candy said Caramel to me. So, I'm at a loss.

And I got totally hosed on the Chocolate Pudding ones. Not a single one to be found in the little package. Might be a good thing, though, since they might be as nasty as the other flavors.

I think the good folks at M&M Mars should know that you shouldn't fix it if it ain't broke. Fruit Skittles = good, Chocolate Mix Skittles = not so much.


1 comment:

Big Al said...

chocolate skittles? No way. I have a story for you.

Okie and I were coming out of the mall. He bought Skittles, I bought M&Ms (regular, not peanut). He put a handful of Skittles on the very warm consul in the car. I put ONE of my M&Ms in the mix. He picked up a few and popped them in his mouth. The look on his face when he thought he bit into a "rotten" Skittle was priceless. He spit the whole thing out into my hand. Nice.