Thursday, February 26, 2009

Of course it's in the high 80s today

It's 86 degrees in my part of the state today. This morning's low was 5 degrees higher than our normal high temperature. And it's February.

But that's ok, campers. It's going to drop 30 degrees tonight, and the high tomorrow will happen shortly after midnight.

When LittleG was just a tiny baby, it snowed here on Valentine's Day. Real snow - inches of it blanketed our landscape and yard. I remember thinking it was a total freak of nature that we would have that much snow so late in the winter.

But no, I think 86 degrees on Thursday, with only 59 degrees on Friday is even freakier. We're a month out from springtime, and we're at almost 90 degrees.

Welcome to Texas, folks. I hope you packed your shorts and your heavy sweaters. You're gonna need 'em both.

1 comment:

Chad and Mary Kate Martin said...

I am convinced this is why I have a constant sinus headache -- my body doesn't know what to do with the 30 degree fluxuation!