Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's hard to keep up with them Joneses

This whole Christmas decoration thing is becoming quite a burden. First I have to nag MrG to go into the room above the garage, which I think he refers to as "the attic." Then I have to listen to him yell in a muffled voice about how much crap we have up there and how much of it we really need to keep. Once he gets it all down the stairs, then I have to nag him and LittleG to help me get it all placed appropriately in the house and the yard.

For what? So we can try to one-up the neighbors in our quest for the perfectly decorated Christmas wonderland, deep in the heart o' Texas?

By the time we're finished, we're all three mad at each other and exhausted. And we never freakin' one-up anyone. So this year, we're taking another approach. Instead of trying to out-Christmas our neighbors, we're going to bow out politely and let them win. Here's my basic plan....



Don't hate me because I'm clever. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! And by the way, Miss Betty, you've got a light out on your eave.....

2 comments:

Big Al said...

Love the "Ditto" over the garage.

BTW, I betcha if you didn't put out the Christmas decorations someone would complain......THEN you wouldn't have to nag.

Unknown said...

I loved this one! Lol, I just don't understand why neighbors have to be in competition with eachother. What does it matter whose house has more lights and more decorations? It cracks me up. :)