Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, the year 2008

I love Christmas carols. To me, they are just like old friends you only get to see once a year.



Usually about two weeks before Thanksgiving, I get Carol of the Bells stuck in my head and I whistle it incessantly, without even knowing that I'm doing it. I whistle well, by the way. Anyway, MrG usually chastises me and makes me whistle on the inside until after the first of December.

At that point, it's not unusual at all to find Christmas CDs playing in the crimson steed. For a treat this year, I am loading a seasonal playlist on to my iPhone and I plan to play it in the elevator to torture those idiots in my building who ride up one floor rather than taking the stairs. Oh yeah, and to fill those around with me with the songs of the season.

Here's what's on my playlist:
  • Carol of the Bells
  • We Wish You A Merry Christmas
  • The Holly and the Ivy
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  • Silent Night
  • O Come O Come Emmanuel
  • Angels We Have Heard on High
  • O Come All Ye Faithful
  • Joy To the World
  • I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
  • O Little Town of Bethlehem
  • Jingle Bells
  • Frosty The Snowman
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
  • Santa Claus is Coming To Town

Just like long visits from old friends, I'm often glad when it's time for the carols to return to where ever they belong when it's not Christmas time. Pack it up and go, folks. We'll see you this time next year.

Pah rum pum pum pum!

1 comment:

Big Al said...

It's not Chrismas to me until I hear "Feliz Navidad" on the radio. Even before I lived in Costa Rica, that was my "Christmas is here" song.

It's not my favorite song, tho. The Christmas song is my favoite (Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire).