Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I know, I know

I've been thinking about you. I promise. I said in my last post I was going to try to ditch Dark & Twisty Lady Steele. She's still hanging around, so I'm not blogging right now.

Well, I'm blogging in my mind. I have lots of things swirling, some I've been thinking about for a long long time. If I ever string the right words together, I'm going to have some fabulous new posts for you.

Until the good witch returns, I am going to brew a little longer. I'll leave you with this, which I think is hysterical....

The neighborhood accountant-in-a-box joint has been paying temps to dress up like the Statue of Liberty and dance on a street corner in an effort to attract clients this tax season. LittleG and I have been debating for three months now why a tax office wants people to dance on the corner, and why for the love of Pete do they think it works?

At any rate, yesterday when we drove by, one of them was holding up a big sign that said "The End is Near."

I don't know why, but it tickled my funny bone, and it is bringing me some measure of lightness even now.

Ever forward, friends.....

2 comments:

Chad and Mary Kate Martin said...

Take your time my friend...because unlike most of your followers I get to see you most days! I love that!

PS -- We saw the dancing Statue of Liberty in Arlington on Sat. I like the sign though -- very funny!

LTYM said...

I actually think my kids learned what the Statue of Liberty was because they first saw it as people dressed up for tax day. Love "the end is near".