Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rotavirus, you ugly bastard

LittleG has been bitten again, and I suspect it was by the Rotavirus bug. We've been through this a few times, and at least it seems to be getting easier on all of us. According to a number of medical websites, Rotavirus is one of the most common causes of diarrhea, and severe infection. Children with a rotavirus infection have fever, nausea, and vomiting, often followed by abdominal cramps and frequent, watery diarrhea. So goes life at Casa Garcia this weekend.

Rotavirus, from the Latin
Roto-Rooter, is proof of a vengeful God as far as I can tell. It is clearly designed to clean out the pipes in the most unpleasant of ways.

We've escaped the throwing up part, but not the tummy ache and various and sundry fun things that go along with that. I thought the worst had passed (no pun intended), but she's back at it again.

My mother and my niece have a shared birthday celebration tomorrow, and unfortunately, we will miss both of them. This started on Thursday evening and really isn't showing any signs of subsiding, so I'm just hanging on for the ride at this point.

Did I mention Thursday was my birthday? What a great way to spend a birthday evening......

At this point I'm forcing bananas and pedialyte popsicles. The worst part of all is that she wants to eat but whatever I give her blows right through her. As I write, she's scarfing down toast. Cross your fingers.

The upside is that all this time at home has given me some good ideas for future posts. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Chad and Mary Kate Martin said...

I totally missed your birthday!! I am so sorry! I owe you a lunch!

Happy Birthday my wonderful friend!