Saturday, March 07, 2009

Not tonight, dear, I have a headache

Loyal reader: "Pssst. Lady Steele?"

Lady Steele: "What?"

Loyal reader: "Lady Steele, wake up!"

Lady Steele: "Not tonight dear, I have a headache."

Loyal reader: "But Lady Steele, you promised!"

Lady Steele: "I know. But I got my hair cut today, and it's way too short, and you know how that makes me feel. And I squandered the family fortune while doing my part for the economy. And then the birthday party - with all of those 2 year old little girls! I can't even fake it tonight."

Loyal reader: "I know you're all beat down. But that's when you're the best!"

Lady Steele: "No means no! Now go to sleep."

Loyal reader: "Awwww Mannnnnn!" (whined in Swiper-like tone)...I thought when you said on Ash Wednesday that you were going to blog EVERY DAY you really meant it."

Lady Steele: "I know, and I'm sorry. I'm just DONE with tonight. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise!"

Loyal reader: "Ok, I'll wait, but you better be really good."

Lady Steele: "We'll see. Goodnight."

No comments: