Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ok, so it's not a lousy school

In Texas, we take our college allegiances very seriously. So seriously, in fact, that one of my posse felt inclined to point out an egregious error in my previous post:The Boy and a choice.

In it, I called North Texas a lousy school.

I would like to state for the record that North Texas is NOT a lousy school. They have a very strong Greek system, a world renowned Jazz band, one of the strongest Psychology departments in the state, and if memory serves me correctly, they used to have one seriously fabulous Microbiology prof (shout out to Gerry O'Donovan!). Oh, and at least one really crappy dorm - shout out here to West Hall, baby!

So, what I should have said is that North Texas was a lousy school - for me.

I needed to be dunked head first into the college experience....football games, all night study sessions, secret trips out of town to spend the money dad sent to buy books, learning to stand on my own two feet, and deep fast friendships that would last a lifetime. What I got instead was a party-hard commuter school where I was surrounded by people who were going Greek when I wasn't.

I was never a part of North Texas - I was apart from it. And I have no one to blame but myself.

So, my Mean Green friends, please forgive my slammin' of the green. I bleed maroon and sometimes forget that not everyone does.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chick! I feel special now. I was hoping to get a shout out and I love your blog!