LittleG has this terrific book by Todd Parr, called The Feel Good Book. The book talks all about things that make you happy, like sitting under a tree reading a book, or taking a nap with a stuffed animal.
I have to confess that I don't do the weepy girl thing very well, and yesterday was hard on me. I had a raging headache when I got home, which prevented me from even sipping a glass of wine in my Dad's honor. That did not make me happy.
Anyway, with the sadness of yesterday behind me, and with some little glimmer of joy in my heart, today's inspiration comes from Todd Parr and his list of happy-making things, and from my dear posse, who every day make me happy.
I'm limiting the list to 10, because I could go on indefinitely, but I really should hold some back, just in case I'm outta material before Easter rolls around. We may see a TTMLSH part 2. Just hang tight.
Things that have made Lady Steele Happy today - in totally random order
1. Chili Cheese Fritos
2. Robin's eggs
3. Selling stuff, especially when it's big stuff
4. Starbuck's Iced quad venti skinny cinnamon dolce lattes
5. My warm fuzzy lap blanket from Target
6. My extra special personalized pen that I bought from my friend Dorothy's kid (more about her later, I promise)
7. Having my team at work mentioned in the same sentence as the phrase "golden child"
8. Knowing that my crock pot roast is making my house smell yummy right now AND that dinner will be "this close" to being ready when I walk in the door.
9. My posse - my dear sweet friends at work, my BFF, and my sister in another city. Oh yeah, that guy I'm married to, and our offspring, too. (That, by the way is about 10 things all by itself).
10.Campbell's tomato soup
If you're a loyal reader, then you've already seen the skinny cinny mentioned before. Get over it. It's my list, and I'm sticking to it. And, yes, they really are THAT GOOD.
Thanks for indulging me today in my little dance of happiness. Unless you've gotten an email from me, you don't know it, but my email footer reads, "He who is not happy with what he has is not likely to be happy with what he likes to have." Days like yesterday just make days like today all the better.
P.S. If you're so inclined, you you can read more about Todd Parr here: Todd Parr